- Fill a water bottle and take it with you every time you leave the house.
- Make a “water only” rule in the car. If it spills it’s much less sticky than soda, juice drinks or sports drinks.
- Drink water at restaurants. It saves money and calories. Not ordering expensive drinks can make a big difference in the bottom line of your check. If you do have soft drinks at restaurants, consider skipping the refills. You could end up with about 1000 calories of soda if you go for refills on a large drink.
- If you or your kids have a soft drink at a restaurant, start with a glass of water first. The water is filling so you may not drink as much soda.
When your kids are playing outside, make sure they have plenty of water.
- Put a jug of water on an outside table with cups.
- Fill a cooler with a push button spigot with icy water so kids can grab a drink without stopping to come inside.
- Get a water bottle cage for bike. They’re inexpensive and make you look like a pro!
- Get a water bottle clip to put on a belt loop to stay refreshed while walking or biking.